If there is any inconsistency between the English and Chinese version of this Policy, the English version shall prevail.
Throughout this Policy, the meaning of the term “personal data” is defined in the Ordinance.
2. Data Collection and UseWe may collect your personal data including but not limited to your name, gender, date of birth, telephone number, address and email address in order to provide you the various services and features. You are not obliged to supply the data, but if you do not, the services and features may not be available.The purposes for which we may use your personal data are as follows:-
If you are under the age of 18, you must ask your parent or guardian before providing any personal data to us.When you visit the Website, cookies will be stored in your computer, mobile phone or other devices. The purpose of using cookies is for internal navigation/ programming, estimating our audience size, assisting us in tracking visits and measuring visitors' traffic patterns. We will not collect any personal data from you under this circumstance. You have a choice not to accept the cookies, but if you do, certain functionality may not be available.
3. Direct MarketingWe cannot use your personal data for direct marketing purposes without your consent. By providing your personal data, you are deemed to have given consent to the use of your personal data as set out in this Policy including for direct marketing. You may withdraw your consent any time by writing to the Personal Data Privacy Officer of K. Wah Real Estates Co. Ltd..
4. DisclosureWe will take all practicable steps to keep your personal data confidential but for any one or more purpose(s) named in paragraph 2 above, we may transfer/assign your personal data to or exchange such data with any of the following parties irrespective of whether such parties are located inside or outside Hong Kong:
i. any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer and other services to us with respect to the operation of our business;ii. any subsidiaries, associated and/or related companies of each individual member of K. Wah Real Estates Co. Ltd.; oriii. any person to whom we are under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirement of any law binding on us or for the purposes of any guidelines or codes of practice issued by regulatory or other authorities with which we are reasonably expected to comply.
Unless expressly stated in this Policy or with prior consent, personal data collected from you will not be disclosed to any third party other than the above-named parties.
7. SecurityExcept as mentioned in paragraph 4 above, your personal data, however stored, will be accessed only by our employees or contractors who are authorized to do and under a duty of confidentiality to us. Such authorized personnel or contractors designated to handle personal data will be instructed to do so only in accordance with this Policy.
8. Use of Personal Data in Legal ProceedingsIf it becomes necessary that we have to take action against you for any reason whatsoever including but not limited to recovering from you any money you owe us, you expressly agree that the personal data provided by you can be relied upon in identifying and take legal action against you.
9. Your Right to Access and RetentionYou may at any time request access to and correct personal data relating to you in any of our records. To exercise any of your rights, contact us at the address below marking your communication “Confidential”. In response, we may ask you to provide certain details about yourself so that we can be sure you are the person to whom the data refers. We are required to respond to your requests within 40 days and we will endeavor to do so wherever possible, but we may charge you a reasonable fee for doing so.
10. Personal Data Privacy OfficerThe person to whom (1) requests can be made (a) for accessing to data or correction of data; (b) for general information regarding our policies and practices with respect to personal data; and (c) for information about the kinds of personal data that we hold and (2) general questions and complaints should be addressed is as follows:-
Personal Data Privacy OfficerLeasing Marketing Department(Marked Confidential)Address: 28/F, K. Wah Centre, 191 Java Road, North Point, Hong Kong
11. Retention of DataWe will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the data was collected unless the personal data is also retained to satisfy any applicable statutory or contractual obligations. Personal data which no longer required will be destroyed.